Personal Care Services are designed for individuals who need increased assistance with more personal areas of care. These services may be required due to decreased physical capabilities of an individual or diminishing cognitive abilities of the individual. Personal Care Caregivers undergo special dementia care training which provides them with the tools to work with cognitively impaired individuals in unique and creative ways. Having a caregiver with specialized training is key to obtaining a higher level of cooperation and reduced anxiety for the client.
Personal Caregivers assist with (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with mobility, ambulation and transfers
- Bathing, hygiene, grooming and dressing
- Toileting and assistance with incontinence care
- Facilitating physical and occupational therapy exercise programs that have been prescribed
- Monitoring vital signs and medications
- Preparing nutritious meals and assistance as needed with feeding