Geriatric Care Management Services are available to help guide, advocate and access resources for an individual whose care needs are increasing. The Geriatric Care Manager has extensive knowledge about costs, quality, and the availability of resources in the community. It is their job to help educate and connect individuals to appropriate services.
Services provided include:
- Conduct care planning assessments to identify problems or issues
- Coordinate medical needs including physician care and medication management
- Screen, arrange and monitor in home help or other services
- Act as a liaison to families helping to oversee the care and quickly identify problems
- Assist with transitions from one level of care to the next
- Offer family education and support