Companion Services offer special advantages to those individuals that might spend a lot of time alone or who may struggle to keep their daily activity at a high level. Having a kind and friendly caregiver provides emotional support and can be a great encouragement for an individual. Maintaining activities and remaining engaged has been shown to increase independence and improve an individual’s overall well being as they age.
- Plan and encourage social activities
- Create menus and prepare meals
- Transport to special activities, appointments, or to just run errands
- Assistance with light housekeeping and laundry
- Prompts to take medications for better compliance
- Provide increased peace of mind just by having a regular companion visit